Om du vill rapportera en biverkning gällande en av Lillys produkter, kontakta oss via e-post på DK_PHv@lilly.com eller på telefon +45 4526 6040. Har du ytterligare medicinska frågor gällande en av Lillys produkter, kontakta oss via länken ovan.
Humalog ® (insulin lispro)
Denna information är endast avsedd för sjukvårdspersonal verksam i Sverige och som svar på din fråga. Informationen nedan är på engelska
To prevent the possible transmission of disease, each cartridge or pen must be used by one patient only, even if the needle on the delivery device is changed. Patients using vials must never share needles or syringes. The patient should discard the needle after every injection.
The Humalog Mix25/Mix50 should be examined frequently and should not be used if clumps of material are present or if solid white particles stick to the bottom or wall of the container, giving it a frosted appearance.
Preparing a dose
Vials containing Humalog Mix25/Mix50 should be rotated in the palms of the hands before use to resuspend the insulin until it appears uniformly cloudy or milky. Cartridges and KwikPens containing Humalog Mix25/Mix50 should be rotated in the palms of the hands ten times and inverted 180° ten times immediately before use to resuspend the insulin until it appears uniformly cloudy or milky.
If not, repeat the above procedure until contents are mixed. Cartridges contain a small glass bead to assist mixing.
Do not shake vigorously as this may cause frothing which may interfere with the correct measurement of the dose.
The vial is to be used in conjunction with an appropriate syringe (100 unit markings).
1. Wash your hands.
2. If using a new vial, flip off the plastic protective cap, but do not remove the stopper.
3. Draw air into the syringe equal to the prescribed Humalog Mix25/Mix50 dose. Wipe the top of the vial with a swab. Put the needle through rubber top of the Humalog Mix25/Mix50 vial and inject the air into the vial.
4. Turn the vial and syringe upside down. Hold the vial and syringe firmly in one hand.
5. Making sure the tip of the needle is in the Humalog Mix25/Mix50, withdraw the correct dose into the syringe.
6. Before removing the needle from the vial, check the syringe for air bubbles that reduce the amount of Humalog Mix25/Mix50 in it. If bubbles are present, hold the syringe straight up and tap its side until the bubbles float to the top. Push them out with the plunger and withdraw the correct dose.
7. Remove the needle from the vial and lay the syringe down so that the needle does not touch anything.
Humalog Mix25/Mix50 cartridges are to be used with a Lilly reusable insulin pen and should not be used with any other reusable pen as the dosing accuracy has not been established with other pens.
The instructions with each individual pen must be followed for loading the cartridge, attaching the needle and administering the insulin injection.
Before using the KwikPen the user manual included in the package leaflet must be read carefully. The KwikPen has to be used as recommended in the user manual.
Pens should not be used if any part looks broken or damaged.
Injecting a dose
If using a pre-filled or reusable pen refer to the detailed instructions for preparing the pen and injecting the dose, the following is a general description.
1. Wash your hands
2. Choose a site for injection.
3. Clean the skin as instructed.
4. Stabilise the skin by spreading it or pinching up a large area. Insert the needle and inject as instructed.
5. Pull the needle out and apply gentle pressure over the injection site for several seconds. Do not rub the area.
6. Dispose of the syringe and needle safely. For an injection device use the outer needle cap, unscrew the needle and dispose of it safely.
7. Use of the injection sites should be rotated so that the same is not used more than approximately once a month.
Any unused product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.
Humalog Mix 25 [Summary of Product Characteristics]. Utrecht, The Netherlands: Eli Lilly Nederland B.V.
Humalog Mix 50 [Summary of Product Characteristics]. Utrecht, The Netherlands: Eli Lilly Nederland B.V.
Datum fӧr senaste ӧversyn 2019 M01 10