Om du vill rapportera en biverkning gällande en av Lillys produkter, kontakta oss via e-post på DK_PHv@lilly.com eller på telefon +45 4526 6040. Har du ytterligare medicinska frågor gällande en av Lillys produkter, kontakta oss via länken ovan.
Humalog ® (insulin lispro)
Denna information är endast avsedd för sjukvårdspersonal verksam i Sverige och som svar på din fråga. Informationen nedan är på engelska
To prevent the possible transmission of disease, each cartridge or pre-filled pen must be used by one patient only, even if the needle on the delivery device is changed. Patients using vials must never share needles or syringes. The patient should discard the needle after every injection.
The Humalog solution should be clear and colourless. Humalog should not be used if it appears cloudy, thickened, or slightly coloured or if solid particles are visible.
Do not mix insulin in vials with insulin in cartridges.
Preparing a dose
The vial is to be used in conjunction with an appropriate syringe (100 unit markings).
1. Wash your hands.
2. If using a new vial, flip off the plastic protective cap, but do not remove the stopper.
3. If the therapeutic regimen requires the injection of basal insulin and Humalog at the same time, the two can be mixed in the syringe. If mixing insulins, refer to the instructions for mixing that follow in Section (ii).
4. Draw air into the syringe equal to the prescribed Humalog dose. Wipe the top of the vial with a swab. Put the needle through the rubber top of the Humalog vial and inject the air into the vial.
5. Turn the vial and syringe upside down. Hold the vial and syringe firmly in one hand.
6. Making sure the tip of the needle is in the Humalog, withdraw the correct dose into the syringe.
7. Before removing the needle from the vial, check the syringe for air bubbles that reduce the amount of Humalog in it. If bubbles are present, hold the syringe straight up and tap its side until the bubbles float to the top. Push them out with the plunger and withdraw the correct dose.
8. Remove the needle from the vial and lay the syringe down so that the needle does not touch anything.
ii) Mixing Humalog with longer-acting Human Insulins.
1. Humalog should be mixed with longer-acting human insulins only on the advice of a doctor.
2. Draw air into the syringe equal to the amount of longer-acting insulin being taken. Insert the needle into the longer-acting insulin vial and inject the air. Withdraw the needle.
3. Now inject air into the Humalog vial in the same manner, but do not withdraw the needle.
4. Turn the vial and syringe upside down.
5. Making sure the tip of the needle is in the Humalog, withdraw the correct dose of Humalog into the syringe.
6. Before removing the needle from the vial, check the syringe for air bubbles that reduce the amount of Humalog in it. If bubbles are present, hold the syringe straight up and tap its side until the bubbles float to the top. Push them out with the plunger and withdraw the correct dose.
7. Remove the needle from the vial of Humalog and insert it into the vial of the longer-acting insulin. Turn the vial and syringe upside down. Hold the vial and syringe firmly in one hand and shake gently. Making sure the tip of the needle is in the insulin, withdraw the dose of longer-acting insulin.
8. Withdraw the needle and lay the syringe down so that the needle does not touch anything.
Humalog cartridges are to be used with a Lilly reusable insulin pen and should not be used with any other reusable pen as the dosing accuracy has not been established with other pens.
The instructions with each individual pen must be followed for loading the cartridge, attaching the needle and administering the insulin injection.
KwikPen, Junior KwikPen and Tempo Pen
Before using the pre-filled pen the user manual included in the package leaflet must be read carefully. The pre-filled pen has to be used as recommended in the user manual.
Pens should not be used if any part looks broken or damaged.
Injecting a dose
If using a pre-filled or reusable pen refer to the detailed instructions for preparing the pen and injecting the dose, the following is a general description.
1. Wash your hands
2. Choose a site for injection.
3. Clean the skin as instructed.
4. Stabilise the skin by spreading it or pinching up a large area. Insert the needle and inject as instructed.
5. Pull the needle out and apply gentle pressure over the injection site for several seconds. Do not rub the area.
6. Dispose of the syringe and needle safely. For an injection device use the outer needle cap, unscrew the needle and dispose of it safely.
7. Use of the injection sites should be rotated so that the same is not used more than approximately once a month.
Humalog Tempo Pen
The Tempo Pen is designed to work with the Tempo Smart Button. The Tempo Smart Button is an optional product that can be attached to the Tempo Pen dose knob and aids in transmitting Humalog dose information from the Tempo Pen to a compatible mobile application. The Tempo Pen injects insulin with or without the Tempo Smart Button attached. To transmit data to the mobile application, follow the instructions provided with the Tempo Smart Button and the instructions with the mobile application.
Any unused product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.
Humalog 100 Units/ml [Summary of Product Characteristics]. Utrecht, The Netherlands: Eli Lilly Nederland B.V.
Datum fӧr senaste ӧversyn 2020 M09 01