Om du vill rapportera en biverkning gällande en av Lillys produkter, kontakta oss via e-post på DK_PHv@lilly.com eller på telefon 08-737 88 00. Har du ytterligare medicinska frågor gällande en av Lillys produkter, kontakta oss via länken ovan.
Forsteo ® (teriparatid)
Denna information är endast avsedd för sjukvårdspersonal verksam i Sverige och som svar på din fråga. Informationen nedan är på engelska
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 is an emerging virus that has caused the recent COVID-19 pandemic.1 Recently, vaccines have been developed against SARS-CoV-2 and additional vaccines are expected to be available in the coming months.2
SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination With Teriparatide
The use of a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine in patients treated with teriparatide has not been studied by Lilly.
Decisions regarding the use of any vaccination, including SARS-CoV-2 vaccines, in patients treated with teriparatide should be made at the discretion of the prescribing physician using their best clinical judgment, and must be made by the clinician after careful consideration of risk factors of the patient as well as the risks and benefits of vaccination. Consultation with an infectious disease expert may be helpful in high-risk or emergency situations such as the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Vaccination Against COVID-19 Treatment Guidance in Patients With Osteoporosis
Recommendations for the management of patients with osteoporosis in relation to COVID-19 vaccination have been published by the International Osteoporosis Foundation.3
For the most current information please refer to Joint Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccination and Osteoporosis Management.3
Infectious Disease Resources for COVID-19
For current information on COVID-19, please refer to
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak on the regional office EU WHO
1. Dong Y, Dai T, Wei Y, et al. A systematic review of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine candidates. Signal Transduct Target Ther. 2020;5(1):237. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41392-020-00352-y
2. Su Z, Wen J, McDonnell D, et al. Vaccines are not yet a silver bullet: the imperative of continued communication about the importance of COVID-19 safety measures. Brain Behav Immun Health. 2021;12:100204. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbih.2021.100204
3. Joint Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccination and Osteoporosis Management. The International Osteoporosis Foundation. March 9, 2021. Accessed March 26, 2021. https://www.osteoporosis.foundation/news/joint-guidance-covid-19-vaccination-and-osteoporosis-management-20210309-1500
4. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. European web page of the World Health Organization. Accessed March 26, 2021. http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/health-emergencies/coronavirus-covid-19
5. COVID-19. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Accessed March 26, 2021. https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china
COVID-19 = coronavirus disease 2019
Lilly = Eli Lilly and Company
SARS-CoV-2 = severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
EU WHO = World Health Organization (European regional office)
ECDC = European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
Datum fӧr senaste ӧversyn 2021 M01 11