Please use a minimum of three unique search wordsOur search is configured to only display links relevant to answer your question. For the best results please use specific and relevant keywords that accurately reflect the information you are seeking.Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at UK: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Taltz ® (ixekizumab)
Taltz® (ixekizumab): Why is the injection button of the pre-filled pen difficult to press?
The injection button will not depress and release the dose unless the lock ring is in the unlock position i.e. pointing toward the unlocked padlock.
The lock ring is a safety feature to make sure the injection button is not accidentally pressed before the user is ready to inject.
When getting ready to inject, the patient should make sure the lock ring is in the lock position BEFORE the base cap is twisted off. 1
To inject the dose the patient should
- Twist off the base cap. The needle should not be touched.
- Throw the base cap in the bin. It will not be necessary to put the base cap back on—doing so could damage the needle or cause injury.
- Place the clear base flat and firmly against the skin. Keep the base on the skin, and then turn the lock ring to the unlock position. The pen is ready to be used.
- Press the green injection button. There will be a loud click.
- Keep holding the clear base firmly against the skin. A second loud click will be heard in about 5 to 10 seconds after the first one. The second loud click indicates that the injection is complete. The grey plunger will be visible at the top of the clear base.
- Remove the pre-filled pen from the skin.2
After the injection the base cap should not put back on. The pre-filled pen should be disposed of in a sharps container or as directed by the doctor, pharmacist or nurse.2
The pre-filled pen is for single use only.3
1Data on file, Eli Lilly and Company and/or one of its subsidiaries.
2Taltz 80 mg solution for injection in pre-filled pen [Instructions for use]. Eli Lilly and Company (Ireland) Limited, Ireland
3Taltz [summary of product characteristics]. Eli Lilly and Company (Ireland) Limited, Ireland
Date of Last Review: November 02, 2020