Please use a minimum of three unique search wordsOur search is configured to only display links relevant to answer your question. For the best results please use specific and relevant keywords that accurately reflect the information you are seeking.Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at UK: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Lyumjev ® ▼ (insulin lispro)
Lyumjev® ▼ (insulin lispro): Use in Patients With COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease 2019)
The use of Lyumjev in patients with COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) has not been studied.
Lilly has not studied the use of Lyumjev in patients with COVID-19 nor in patients at risk of contracting COVID-19.
Infectious Disease Resources for COVID-19
For current information on COVID-19, please refer to
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak on the regional office EU WHO
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak: guidance for people with diabetes on the IDF website, and
1. Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus that causes it. World Health Organization. Accessed March 18, 2020. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/naming-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it
2. Tang X, Wu C, Li X, et al. On the origin and continuing evolution of SARS-CoV-2. Natl Sci Rev. Published online March 3, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1093/nsr/nwaa036
3. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. World Health Organization Europe. Accessed March 20, 2020. http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/health-emergencies/coronavirus-covid-19/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
4. International Diabetes Federation Europe. COVID-19 outbreak: guidance for people with diabetes. https://www.idf.org/our-network/regions-members/europe/europe-news/196-information-on-corona-virus-disease-2019-covid-19-outbreak-and-guidance-for-people-with-diabetes.html. Accessed March 18, 2020
5. COVID-19. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Accessed March 20, 2020. https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china
COVID-19 = coronavirus disease 2019
Lilly = Eli Lilly and Company
SARS-CoV-2 = severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
URLi = ultra rapid lispro
EU WHO = World Health Organization (European regional office)
IDF = International Diabetes Federation
ECDC = European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
▼ This medicinal product is subject to additional monitoring. This will allow quick identification of new safety information. Healthcare professionals are asked to report any suspected adverse reactions.
Date of Last Review: March 18, 2020