Please use a minimum of three unique search wordsOur search is configured to only display links relevant to answer your question. For the best results please use specific and relevant keywords that accurately reflect the information you are seeking.Please do not use this field to report adverse events or product complaints. Adverse events and product complaints should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at UK: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. Adverse events and product complaints should also be reported to Lilly: please call Lilly UK on 01256 315 000.
Cyramza ® (ramucirumab)
Cyramza® (ramucirumab): Administration
Ramucirumab should be diluted with sterile sodium chloride and administered using a protein sparing 0.22 micron filter as an infusion over 60 minutes.
Prepare the infusion solution using aseptic technique to ensure the sterility of the prepared solution.1
Each vial of ramucirumab is intended for single use only.1
1. Inspect the contents of the vials for particulate matter and discoloration prior to dilution. If particulate matter or discolorations are identified, discard the vial
2. Calculate the dose and the required volume of ramucirumab needed to prepare the infusion solution.
Vials contain either 100 mg or 500 mg as a 10-mg/mL solution of ramucirumab.
3. Dilute ramucirumab as required to achieve a final volume of 250 mL. Only use sterile sodium chloride (0.9%) solution for injection as a diluent.
In case of prefilled IV infusion container usage: based on the calculated volume of ramucirumab, remove the corresponding volume of sterile sodium chloride (0.9%) solution for injection from the prefilled 250-mL IV container. Aseptically transfer the calculated volume of ramucirumab to the IV container. The final total volume in the container should be 250 mL.
In case of empty IV infusion container usage: aseptically transfer the calculated volume of ramucirumab into an empty IV container. Add a sufficient quantity of sterile sodium chloride (0.9%) solution for injection to the container to make the total volume 250 mL.
4. The container should be gently inverted to ensure adequate mixing.
Do not freeze or shake the infusion solution.
Do not dilute with other solutions or co-infuse with other electrolytes or medication.
5. Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter prior to administration. If particulate matter is identified, discard the infusion solution.
Administration of Ramucirumab
Administer ramucirumab as an IV infusion only. Do not administer ramucirumab as an IV push or bolus.1
Administer diluted ramucirumab infusion via infusion pump. A separate infusion line with a protein sparing 0.22 micron filter must be used for the infusion and the line must be flushed with sterile sodium chloride (0.9%) solution for injection at the end of the infusion.1
IV = intravenous
Date of Last Review: August 12, 2019